Selasa, 11 Juni 2013

First Project Using Unit Testing

Alright, if every applications I've developed until now is not using unit testing, this is the first project I developed using unit testing. It's like an enlightenment. I just realize that unit testing is very important. At the very first time I use unit testing, I cannot get away from it. Unit testing is provided for people who do not like to test their apps manually. I am one of them.

I developed mainly web application. For me, the most boring thing in the development time is to try to open every page in my application and try every possible scenario. With using unit testing, I can set up a mock environment for testing purposes automatically. Every function or method can be tested automatically. I don't have to use the function to test the correctness of the function.

I know it was tiring to write code for unit testing, but trust me, it will be more tiring to test every possible scenario manually. Not only reducing amount of work to test, but my app have less bugs than ever. Unit testing find bugs before you know it. :D

2 komentar:

  1. Congratulations :D
    Maybe almost all professional and open source project use unit testing. Too bad we didn't asked to use it in our courses. Our juniors were asked though.

    I'm also just started to do it.

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Sorry for the late reply. :D.

      Yes, the point is that we need to keep trying new thing. There must be better method than we use right now. :D

      Hapus