Selasa, 10 Juli 2012

Suitmedia Internship Update!

Hi! It's me again and now i will give you an update about my internship. It was really cool experience although sometimes it was depressing. It was priceless after all. 


The Place


Suitmedia has two offices. One at Bandung and the other one is located at Jakarta. The office was a little bigger than my class room but its tidier and more comfortable. It have 6 mbps internet connection and free water. It doesn't have any fancy perks like free food, soft drink, or any other perk. It was simple. We had an outing day once per month. We went to Hanamasa last month. :)

What I Do?



My first project is developing a web application for Unilever. It was a website to give a boost with their upcoming Ramadan promotion. I was quite difficult at the first part because this is the first time that I develop application using a framework. A lot of errors came up, but fortunately, my mentor was kindly enough to help me. My second project is another web application for publishing many important information. A project from unit kerja presiden.


Technical Warning!!


I used CodeIgniter PHP framework. It was very easy and light to use. I heard this the framework that have the steepest learning curve. The framework is combined with Doctrine ORM(Object Relational Mapper). It was a very nice and powerful ORM. I love to work with those two tools, but since both of the are really strict at their convention and I prefer configuration over convention like Django framework. I need to adapt with the convention and it takes quite a lot of time.


The result


I've done with these two project and I finished it. :). It was very relieving to know that my skill is adequate at the career world. I just have to polish and master it. I've learned so much within these two projects and I still have much to learn though. One of the most important that I get from this project is that I was granted access to Suitmedia production server. Cooooool. I've never configure a server before. The feeling that I could deploy my application and saw it in the internet was priceless. Thank you Suitmedia. :)




Well, in short, I still have one more month to dig a lot of diamonds of knowledge. I just have to keep diggin and diggin.

2 komentar: